Blogging about farming is becoming one of the best ways to find information and connect with others in the industry. It is not as overwhelming as it may seem. The process can be simple if you know where to start. The following steps will give you some ideas of the basic ways you can start blogging about farming.
- Read the blogs that others have written. This will give you an idea of the different layouts and the content that is being written. Which ones do you find more interesting? When blogging about farming, the reader should feel as if they are sitting in the same room with the blogger and listening to them talk about interesting experiences.
- Do you know someone who has a blog? This is one of the best ways of learning the steps that you can use for blogging about farming. They can show you the ropes for getting started. Their blog does not have to be about farming. They can tell you where to access free blogging sites and the basics on starting your own blog.
- Once you begin blogging, set a goal of how many times per week or month you will add to the blog. This is essential to keep the blog interesting and fresh. Life on the farm can be about things you do on a daily basis, the arrival of a new calf or even problems that you are experiencing. Often this is a great way of finding solutions through the experiences of others.
- When blogging about farming, do not forget that you can add photos. This will add interest to the blog. The beautiful sunrise, a photo of the new calf or the first blooms of flowers you have planted are all great ideas. Recipes using fresh produce that is grown or a county fair in your area are all interesting ideas that can be used to add to the appeal of your blog.
- Read other blogs from farmers and comment or ask questions. Answer others who comment or ask questions on your blog. Blogging about farming connects people from all over the world. This is rapidly becoming one of the best ways of raising awareness as well as support for farming.